Friday, March 8, 2019

Me and My Mini Me and Her Mini Me

For the last couple of years Bethany has worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor.  I was recently at the pool to pick up Faith while she was working... so of course, I took her picture.  She is a very hardworking, busy gal and between work, school, orchestra, play rehearsals, voice lessons, workouts at the gym, and friends, we don't see much of her these days.  Which, I suppose is how it ought to be and it's for the best, considering she is going to be heading away to school this fall.  She is excited and she is ready and it is time for the next phase of her life.  But to say I will miss her doesn't even begin to explain how I feel about her leaving.
She is still one of my most cuddliest children and I enjoy her immensely.  She has been a complete joy to raise and have in our home. 
Recently, many people-- some who know both of us,and some who know only one of us, but then see the other-- have commented how much we look alike.  This is pretty much the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.  Not a very nice thing to say to her... but whatever.
Last night as she snuggled up on my lap like she was five years old and told me how excited she was for college.  We had a little photo shoot-- to test what people have been telling us. 
 I don't know... I don't really see it.
I guess there is some resemblance in the nostrils:)


I love creeper Faith in all of them.




I suppose we're more like triplets than twins.
We had fun.  And now I just need to prepare myself to send our next soon-to-be adult out into the world.  I know it's good and just what we've planned and hoped for, but man!  This is brutal on the mom heart.

No comments: