Monday, June 21, 2021

Sister Fox Goes to Nauvoo Week 6-- Tornadoes and T-Poses By the Mississippi

Here are the pictures she sent for week six and then the email is at the end of this post. 
Matching bucket hats from the Do Jo (Dollar General)
"Women of Nauvoo" cast pic
Elder Urry (He's a sweetie poo).
Note from Betsy:  This mission is different from others in that the elders and sisters have regular contact including arms around shoulders, sitting on each others knees, elders lifting sisters, dancing together.   If that weren't the case, this picture might be concerning:)
Me
Miess and I obsessed with mini toothbrushes
Miess and I making full balanced restaurant meal (it's really just ramen and chicken nuggets)
T-posing by the Mississippi
Morning walk through the local car wash
Not me posing in the parking garage
yep
self-explanatory.  I've gotten BINGO already
My grandma came!
Yes.  Me again.
Party van
DoJo face mask.
Cuties outside the temple
I can't believe I'm here!

Here's the week six email:
Hello friends and family! I miss you all a very healthy amount and hope all is well!
I can't believe I'm almost at my halfway point! Sister Miess and I are rocking our companionship! We are too funny and we laugh ourselves silly on the daily! I truly feel blessed to be her companion and to learn from her and serve with her as we grow closer to our Heavenly Father. 

A few big things happened this week! Here are the highlights! 
Sister Miess and I led the charge as we all took pictures T-posing by the edge of the Mississippi. (killer photos to follow).

The weather this week has been pretty nice untillll we had a TORNADO! I didn't see the tornados but there were two of them! It was still really cool! It happened last night as we were doing Trail of Hope.  We all went to an underground parking garage and just sang songs and Sister Meiss and I may or may not have taken some bomb pics with a cute parking garage aethstetic. And there were visitors in the  parking garage as well and Sister Reed and I played duck duck goose with some kids! We had a gooood time during the tornado warning. 

In other news! Be Your Own Hero (BYOH), my show, opened last saturday! We opened that show with only two rehearsals! It was a teeny bit stressful but also super fun! I love this show because it is the children's show so it is very lighthearted and funny and I really enjoy being in it! Because I love talking to the kids after each show! They are so cute!

The best thing of this whole week was definitely my grandparents and great aunts and uncles and their surprise visit to see me in Nauvoo! They spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday coming to all our shows and it was the best thing ever! I just love my family and I am so grateful for theru love and support!

I was reading in saints this week and I really loved reading about the origin of the Relief Society because we do a little vignette called Women of Nauvoo that tells that story! There was a quote by Emma Smith in Saints that said something about being ambitious to serve others! I just loved that idea of being "ambitious" to serve because I've never thought of service in that way but I really liked it.

Also Sister Miess has been dropping some straight fire "your mom" jokes and nobody in the stage sister house seems to appreciate them except me. Catch me at EVERY "your mom" joke. 

And now ladies and gentlemen I leave you with a short serenade that my district gave for devotional this week. It goes to the 80s song "pop goes my heart" if any of you even know that song... I definitely don't so no judgement there: 
I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN BECAUSE LOCK *clap* GOES MY HEART 
(lock goes my heart)
I SWEAR THE ELDERS ARE JUST MY FRIENDS BECAUSE LOCK *clap* GOES MY HEART
 (lock goes my heart) 
I CANNOT DATE MY OWN BROTHER DEAR BECAUSE LOCK *clap* GOES MY HEART 
(lock goes my heart)
CHECK BACK AT THE END OF THE YEAR, BUT FOR NOW *clap* LOCK YOUR HEART
(lock up your heart) 

Elder Urry sweetly wrote me a poem this week when I was having a hard day and here is 
a quote from that poem. 
"And with that I bid you adieu. There are no bad days, just hard ones, it's true."

Happy (late) Father's Day!
Goodbyes my luvs!
Sister Fox

No comments: