Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The Greats Visit Nauvoo

 One of the absolute highlights of the summer thus far was an event I wasn't even present for--- A couple weeks back my parents and my Uncle Spencer and Aunt Michelle, Aunt Oakley, and Aunt Jennifer all went to Nauvoo for a visit and COMPLETELY surprised Bethany when she came on stage!  Oh, the pictures and videos and reports they sent back to us were magnificent!  I was so happy just thinking about what was happening in Nauvoo for those three days.  

My dad isn't in this picture because he flew in one day later than everyone else, but this is after the first show of "Sunset on the Mississippi".  Aren't they the most beautiful people in the whole world?  And why are they so beautiful-- because, no joke, they are the kindest, most loving.  
Here they all are together.  They told us they were "Bethany groupies"-- they followed her around to all her shows.  My dad and his siblings have the most remarkable adult sibling relationships.  Grandma and Grandpa Cannon must be very pleased with the love and support they've shown of each other and each other's families over the years.
This is right about the moment she saw Uncle Spencer stand up during the military tribute  Army song and wave to her.  He said, "As if her smile could have gotten any wider than it already was!"
Now check out these next two pictures of them at the different angles

Is that not the sweetest picture ever!
Bethany got to be their guide for Trail of Hope.  

Here is the compilation of several videos Uncle Spencer sent me.  The very first one begins right as Bethany has just seen Uncle Spencer for the first time.
We were delightfully inundated with pictures and I want to remember them all-- so I'll just throw them up here.
I think I may have put this one up on another post, but it's pretty much my favorite.










Nauvoo Singers
Bethany as Anna Amanda in "Be Your Own Hero".






Now here are a few more pictures that weren't from my family, but other families of the missionaries have shared on a Facebook group and other dear friends who have been to visit.



I love this picture of Andrea and her mom, Kimberly Grant and Michelle, Kara, and Rachel Johansen.  They ended up there the same night and in honor of Abe and his selfies, they took this awesome picture!
We are a part of a family book group that has really become our third extended family.  I love that Dave Young was able to visit Clark on his mission, I was able to visit Corrine on her mission, and Andrea could visit Bethany.  
Bethany with Rachel and Kara-- her dearest childhood friends.

And now for the "best" picture of the week





No comments: