Tuesday, July 23, 2024

"Let's Go To the Movies" Piano Recital 2024

 

Our spring piano recitals were a smashing success!  For the first time, we had three different recital times.  We had a few kids play in all of them, but it was nice for the audience to not sit for so long.   The theme was "Let's Go to the Movies"-- and everyone played pieces from movies.  This was the 5:00 recital.
Here's the 6:00
Here's the 7:00.  I say it after every recital, and I'm going to say it again.  I love my job!  I enjoy each student so much and I find it very fulfilling to see them progress.
If you have to play in a piano recital on your birthday, at least we'll sing "Happy Birthday" to you.  







Bethany was asked to perform a number at the Miss Riverton competition.  She played a beautiful arrangement of "A Wish is a Dream Your Heart Makes" and I accompanied her.  Bethany played great.  She has always performed well under pressure.  I wish the same could be said of me, but I'll just keep practicing.  Maybe someday.
Cannon is continuing with his voice lessons.  Hearing him sing is one of my favorite sounds in the world.  
Here are a couple links to some recent master class performances:


 HERE is a video of George's most recent performance.  This was his first time performing a piece using looping technology.  Cool stuff:)

No comments: