Wednesday, June 19, 2019

June 19, 2019

It is parade season!   Normally we just attend our city's parade the evening before the 4th of July.  But since Bethany will be riding the float in many parades this year, we're checking out the parades for several cities.  Last Saturday was Saratoga Springs.  This Saturday is Herriman's parade.  I'm guessing we'll probably run out of steam after the 4th, but we'll see.
Lovely.
Right about now Clark is thinking he probably ought to try to be a little nicer to Bethany when he gets home than he was before he left:)
Peter "dancing" for the candy.
Side note: I paid about $10.00 for my sunglasses over two years ago.  I love them.  Abe got his for free from "Fat Catz" Entertainment Center truck in the parade.  As it turns out, you can collect some useful stuff from parades.  My own personal haul from this particular parade was one spatula, one whisk, one t-shirt, three tubes of chapstick, one container of floss, and a considerable amount of quality candy (salt water taffy does NOT count as quality candy). 
Knowing George's hoarding tendencies, you can imagine that parades are a sort of collectors paradise for him.
But, in fact, I won the grand prize at the parade.  A FULL SIZE CRUMBL COOKIE!  I may or may not have yelled out the woman handing them out from the back of the truck in the parade and shamelessly begged her to please give it to me!!!!!  
Whatever.  It totally worked and she gave me the cookie.  It was worth it.
In other fun summer happenings, Monday evening we took the gang-- or most of them anyway-- to go get shave ice.  Now that Peter and Greta are older, I'm thinking we probably ought to take them out in public more often.  I don't mean to whine, and I'm certain it is my own doing, but the younger kids are not very well-behaved in public.  Perhaps its the difference between having one boy and a bunch girls, versus a bunch of boys and one little girl.  But I swear the older kids were better behaved by this age.  Oh well, something to work on, I suppose.
Yesterday Greta and I were left home alone, just the two of us.  Naturally, we had a tea party.
Is she for real?
Oh... wait.  Yeah, she's for real.  I shouldn't have mocked her pain by taking a picture of her distress when I denied her a piece of candy from the piano lesson treat bag, but her performance was so authentic-- so raw and real.  I couldn't help myself.
Clark was surprised to learn George was proficient at riding a Rip Stick.  He wanted photographic evidence.
This awesome gal went to Oakcrest girls camp for this week.  I'm on day three of her absence and I. AM. DYING for her to come home.  I seriously miss her.  She is so much fun to have around and quiet useful as well.  Friday at noon can't come soon enough.  I'm not worried a bit about her because I know she can handle herself and anyone else just fine.  I sent a message letting her swim coach know she would be gone all this week.  He responded, "She will be missed!  She's such a little leader.  No problem standing up to the high school boys.  She's great."

It's pretty much the best thing anyone has ever said about any of my children!😂😂  And it cracks me up.
Perfection.
George's recent Lego creation.  I should have listened more carefully.  This could be a bird or a flying dinosaur, but I think he said it was a flying dragon.  Don't quote me on that.
Elinor and Abe are going on Trek with out stake this summer.  Tuesday evening they went out for a "training" walk.  I quite like both of them.

No comments: