Sunday, June 30, 2019

Summer is for Camp

This week we gave away all our kitties.  I listed them on KSL and people happily and grateful came and claimed them for free.  We got two months of adorable kitty entertainment and now they have new homes.  Everyone is a winner.
Elinor left early Monday morning for a team water polo camp in Riverside, California at Cal Baptist University.  She was so excited to go and she took the request to pack light very seriously!  That little blue duffle bag, plus her swim bag was all that she took with her for the week.
You can barely see Elinor in this picture (just behind the girl in the red sweatshirt).  She said the van ride was good, but not as good as a Fox family road trip.  Just sayin' ;)
I suppose it is stating the obvious to say I MISSED HER while she was gone.
Can you pick her out?  Here is a clue-- she has a dark cap.
They had four days of camp and were in the water up to six hours a day.  I give a shout out to Elinor for being diligent with sunscreen and not getting burned.  I applaud her wisdom in going to bed close to on-time most of the nights.  I recognize the desire teenagers have to pull an all-nighter at least once and I am glad she chose the last night to do it.  She came home EXHAUSTED and will probably need several days to recover from the trip, but she had a great time.  She is a goalie and I think she is excited for the coming year to implement all the skills she learned.
On Wednesday Faith left for her second camp in as many weeks.  She went to Stake Beehives camp-- a camp for the 11-13 year old girls.  We don't have many girls that age in our ward, but Faith had a blast and even got to hang out with a few friends she had met at Oakcrest Camp the previous week.
They stayed in a big lodge and I think their leaders spoiled them with all sorts of fun little gifts and special things .
The children in our family who take after me tend to struggle with arts and crafts.  This is often a main activity at a girls camp-- so that's a little humbling for them, but as Faith would say, "You know what?  That's okay!"
Ah!  I love that girl!
So I was down two girls this week and I missed them something fierce!  I was so so happy to get them both home.  I know it is very good for them to go away and have experience and I don't begrudge that at all.  I just really really enjoy them and love them to be around.

No comments: