Sunday, November 1, 2020

Halloween Traditions

 

We had such a lovely, lovely time last Sunday.  We took our cops n' robbers pictures-- which would explain Abe's mustache, which is no more--and we carved pumpkins and we made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and we listened to our favorite Halloween playlists and we watched Ghostbusters.  And we loved being together and enjoying all our favorite Halloween traditions.  

You don't get to have days like this too often.  You wouldn't be able to appreciate them if you did.  But this day did my heart good.

We always love when Clark and Alexa come hang with us.  They were dressed as Whataburger employees-- I understand that is a popular burger chain in Texas-- where they both served missions and someone of her side got a bunch of Whataburger swag.  The orange shirts are quite festive!
I like how Abe and Clark have the same pumpkin carving technique.
The kitchen table was covered in pumpkin guts, so we set up in the family room and ate our BBQ chicken drumsticks and watched Ghostbusters--Abe's favorite movie.
A few of my beautiful pumpkin chocolate chip cookie creations-- so beautiful.  Because I'm not eating sugar or flour, I did not partake.  But it turns out I don't need to eat them to thoroughly enjoy them.  I just really like making them and being in their presence.  
This was George's first year of gutting and carving his pumpkin entirely on his own.  He was pretty proud of himself.  I'm not surprised that this very creative boy would be in his element in pumpkin carving.
His first pumpkin masterpiece!
The finished products
We do love us some Halloween traditions!

No comments: