Saturday, November 7, 2020

Halloween Wrap Up

Last week I jumped at the chance to be a timer at the girls' intersquad swim meet.   I don't know how many chances I'll get to see Elinor and Faith swim this season--my schedule is pretty full and spectators aren't allowed at the meets anyway.  So unless I'm timing, I won't get to see them.  Elinor is a senior this year and Faith is a freshman.  It's interesting to see the culmination and winding down of Elinor's swimming happening at the same time that Faith, feisty and competitive little thing that she is,  is seriously revving up and coming on strong.  I'm glad that they have this one year of high school swim together.  Tall Fox and Small Fox.  Faith has had a really strong start to the season and she is loving pushing herself and making a splash! 

I am so proud of how hard Elinor has worked as swimming for all of her high school years.  She has amazed me with her energy and dedication.  She has given it everything she had and learned so much about herself and made wonderful friends.  Senior year is a time of transition, when the same things you've always done suddenly don't feel as comfortable.  You don't quite fit in the life you've always known.   It's a time to get ready to move onto the next phase.  She is throwing herself into her pharmacy tech class and working at the Walgreens pharmacy.  It will be bittersweet to watch her finish out her high school swim time.  Swimming has been everything we hoped it would be for her.  She has also finished her journey with formal piano lessons.  She has taken since she was barely six years old.  She plays beautifully and piano and swim have given her everything we ever hoped it would.
Now to finish up the Halloween posts-- Peter went as an Army guy.  I think every single one of the four boys have worn this costume trick-or-treating  It was a good investment.  Greta wore the too-small frog costume that we've had forever.  She insisted and I saw no reason to deny her.
George went as a Jedi with of of his best neighborhood buddies, Oli.  And they went all by the themselves the whole time-- no parent.  I know I wouldn't have been okay with that with my older kids, but here we are:)  The CDC recommended no trick-or-treating-- they said it was a high risk activity.  I did not agree.  We had fewer, but a still a good number of trick-or-treaters.
The organizing and the trading!  Oh joy!  They ate candy to their hearts content Saturday night and Sunday morning, and then, for the first time any child has taken me up on the offer, the three boys sold me all their candy.  It wasn't even coerced or anything!  They just said they didn't want to get sick and they didn't really want to eat it anyway.  Wow.  I did not see that coming.  But I liked it.
Cannon made an excellent Dwight Schrute.  
Cannon is a great character guy-- remember when he was Napolean Dynamite?
Faith didn't go trick-or-treating, but she did walk with Abe down to the super awesome Halloween house down the street to get a full size candy treat.  She said she was dressed as a track star. 
Greta was overcome with joy to meet up with her best gal pal, Aly.  They are the princess and the frog:)
The boys dance studio shared a couple pics of their classes during the week of Halloween.  There is Cannon front and center.
George's class on the day they could dress up for class.  The girl in the Jedi outfit on the other side of the teacher is George's carpool friend.  They liked that they were both Star Wars.
And now for the most inappropriate moment of Halloween 2020-- well, besides the questionable teenager party we hosted during a pandemic-- Faith's costume of choice...
Yep.  She's a flasher.  How did we get here?  So proud.  
So proud.  Truthfully, I was laughing so hard I couldn't say no.  Once again, here we are:)

No comments: