Sunday, November 29, 2020

Life Happenings

 

Let's begin this post with this impressive pile of mismatched socks.  

I know.  It is remarkable, and frankly, it's been years in the making.  But it is no more.  I matched what could be matched and threw away the rest.  For a while there I was saving them in case the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 returned.  

In an act of faith and optimism for better things in 2021, I threw out years worth of unmatched socks.  I feel liberated and hopeful.

I'm quite fascinated and interested to see what becomes of Greta after a lifetime of being completely doted on and cuddled and snuggled by every single person in this house.  I hope good things.  Her very most favorite person is George, but she loves everyone and everyone loves her.  
In one of those very silly, late-night bouts of sisterly laughter and ridiculousness-- "Wang Gu" the fortune-teller was born.  So culturally inappropriate. 
Elinor requested George give her ballet lessons last weekend.  George said she has natural talent:)
We were so, so thankful to be able to attend the temple a couple weeks ago when Raven went through the temple for the first time.  It is such a rare thing these days to get to go to the temple and IT WAS WONDERFUL.  Like, really, really wonderful.  Peace to my soul and needed guidance and direction.
Last Saturday I took my Foxy Ladies on a Christmas dress shopping outing.  Christmas dresses were part of my childhood and part of my girls' childhood.  But it's been a while since we did something like this and it was so much fun.  
The results of our outing-- although we are missing Alexa in our picture because she and Clark weren't with us Sunday morning.  I am grateful to be their mom.
I am so thankful for our marriage.  Abe is my best friend and the person I most enjoy traveling through this life with.  
Greta "earned" this kitty wallet by working hard on her gymnastics.  She now has great cartwheels, handstands, ticktocks, back walkovers, and round-offs.  
I love this picture!
Team Middle Kids make a killer good pancake, bacon, and eggs breakfast.  
Elinor worked A TON of hours at the pharmacy this week.  From Monday-Friday (not Thursday because that was Thanksgiving) she worked 52 hours!  She is a very hard worker.  
Abe introduced the kids to Settlers of Catan. 
I love it when they are in the game-playing mode.   
Combined Youth Sunday school class on Zoom.  
I like George's cat claws he made. 

No comments: