Saturday, September 11, 2021

Labor Day at Utah State University

 

Bethany snagged a ride home on Saturday, and then Monday morning we all piled into the Mega-Van to take her back up and go visit Elinor-- who was still getting settled up at school and wasn't ready for a visit home quite yet.  We went our for pizza for lunch.


I really feel quite the fraud kissing on the A.  Not only am I not a true Aggie-- since that requires kissing on the A at midnight at the full moon-- or something like that.  But I am not, nor have I ever been an Aggie.  I am a BYU Cougar.  So Abe and I were total posers.  But that's okay, because actually, I really like Utah State and am happy the girls are enjoying their experiences there.  

Turned out pretty much everything on campus was closed since it was Labor Day.  We had a lovely walk-about anyway.

 
 

We paid a visit to the marker with the words to the song-- "The Scotsman"-- the school song that Abe's Great-Grandfather wrote.  

Random side-note:  Cannon thinks it looks like Greta's arm is a giant corn dog in this picture.  He's not wrong.

We went to the creamery for Aggie ice cream.  

I'm glad we got to go see Els.  Moving away from home and starting college are huge adjustments and we are proud of how she is working to figure it all out. 

No comments: