Sunday, June 5, 2022

Cannon's 14th Birthday

Cannon is 14 and he threw himself a pretty rockin' party last night.   It's pretty great when kids are old enough to plan and host their own parties.
It was an interesting mix of three different social groups in Cannon's life-- neighborhood friends, speech and debate friends, and dance friends.  They all seemed to enjoy themselves.

Ron and Wilbur (A.K.A Jake and Ryder) graced us with their presence.  They are alter ego characters they created and are now brought to life.   I didn't quite know what to make of their attire, so I just chalked it up to teenage boys.  I don't think I'm supposed to understand how they think, so I didn't spend much time trying to. 

They played some great outdoor games-- and frankly, I was a little envious.  Obviously, it would have been lame for me to join in.  I think I'd better just host an outdoor games party for myself!
It was kind of an inside joke when both dance friends gave him pink shirts to wear to Saturday ballet classes.  Apparently, they thought he might feel left out always wearing a black shirt:)
Ha ha ha!
The outdoor movie choice was Uncharted.  I didn't watch, but I understand there was a lot of female bonding over their love of Tom Holland.
Cannon declared the night a success!  And I declare that I quite enjoy Cannon.  He is thoughtful, helpful, funny, smart, quick-witted, and talented.  Happy 14th Birthday!

No comments: