Thursday, December 27, 2018

Getting Into the Spirit of Christmas

The Sunday a couple of days before Christmas.  It was right about here that I was really missing Clark.
Greta and her body guards.
The Middles and the Littles at Christmas.
Sunday evening we had the Chase family over for a musical Christmas extravaganza!  They love music and we love music and we've been wanting to do an evening like this with them for years.  We sang and we sang and we played bells and it was so much fun and it just filled me up with Christmas spirit!
We almost got "Carol of the Bells" with the bells to sound... not terrible.  Almost.
Next year.  We'll get it next year.
We pretty much sleighed it with "Jingle Bells" with the boom whackers.
Get it... sleighed it...  ha ha ha!
Then, joy of joys!  Monday morning was Christmas Eve and that means the Cannon Family Christmas Eve Breakfast!
There is so much love and joy and happiness at these gatherings-- siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends.  There is no event I enjoy more at Christmas time!
Abe and I hope and pray that years down the road our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will want to be together the way we want to be with our extended families.
My favorite cousin, Ben!  I am one week older
Which doesn't feel like the bragging rights it did when we were kids.
Love. Love. Love.
Life gets so full for both of us that we don't see each other anywhere near enough.  It was wonderful to see Allison and her kiddos.
Peter, George, Brigham, Eli, and Chloe-- cousin fun!
My cousin Toni-- who may well be the person in my generation who best embodies that spirit of Glen and Joyce Cannon.  She is a gem!
Sorry for the overload of pictures of me-- Abe was behind the camera.

No comments: