Tuesday, April 9, 2019

April 2019 General Conference

Abe has taken each of our children to a session of General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints right around the time they turn eight years old.  For various reasons, he hadn't taken Cannon (who is almost 11) and then George who turned eight last July.  He didn't have tickets to this conference, but Abe must have been feeling extra energetic and adventurous last weekend because he and the boys got up at 5 am to go get in the stand-by line at 6 am. 
 Thankfully they did make it in!  It would have been disappointing to wait in line for three hours in the morning-cold and then not get in. 
One thing I really liked was when our ancestor, George Q. Cannon, was quoted at the very session where George and Cannon were in attendance:)  I also like that Abe was thoughtful to go and take their picture by his painting at the Conference Center. 
A  highlight of the day for Abe was meeting up with a former and favorite mission companion (from France) from their missions to London.  He is now an area authority in France and it made Abe's day to have this companion talk to Cannon and George and tell them what a good missionary their dad was.
Another conference highlight were these divine cinnamon rolls I made from scratch. 
I know!  They were amazing!  I said that eating these cinnamon rolls made me feel a little closer to heaven.  Which may sound like I'm making light of serious things, but the fact is, my mom was a master of delicious cinnamon rolls and when I make them I feel closer to her.  So they are literally heavenly to me!
The talks were beautiful and uplifting and encouraging and inspirational and I loved listening to them.  But I also loved doing puzzles while I listened to them.  George is moving up in the puzzle world-- he did this 100 piece during a session. Faith and I did two separate 500 piece ones over the weekend.  Conference, cinnamon rolls, and puzzles.  It was a good weekend, indeed.

No comments: