Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Keeping Tabs on Everyone

Clark sent home this picture with his weekly email this week.  Oh, YES!  Clark is in a happy place.  The gospel and reptiles-- his two loves:)
He was recently transferred to Longview, TX which is Eastern Texas-- close to Louisiana and he couldn't be more thrilled.  We are LOVING getting to talk to him each week and for how much I cried when he left and how slow the first six months of his mission went, I can hardly believe he only has about 8 months left. 
Bethany finished the run of The Scarlet Pimpernel and she hasn't slowed down.  She works a LOT of hours as a lifeguard and swim instructor!  She gets up early and goes to bed late.  She is participating in the Miss Riverton Scholarship Competition at the end of April, so she is practicing her talent and picking out her clothes and writing her social impact statement and I just wish she was home a little more because I enjoy her company so much.
Elinor tries to do this as much as such possibly can.  I have no idea how she goes to water polo practice and swim practice as much as she does and works and does her school work.  As Cannon says, Elinor is in beast mode.  Sleepy beast mode.
Faith is her usual awesome self.  Teenage emotions haven't gotten the better of her (yet).  She swims and plays water polo and teases the boys and plays piano and adores her best friend and makes me laugh all the time. 
 I haven't figured out how to get clearer pictures of the girls playing polo-- save getting a better camera--- until then, this will have to do.
Cannon has been busy staying on track with his school work as the school year nears its completion.   Also, let me be honest... there is usually one child who is flying under the radar of my camera and that is Cannon right now.  Why do I not have any pictures of him in the past month?  Maybe its because he is always at dance or playing at his friends' houses?  It's all good, but now that I am aware, he should beware.  I will be camera stalking him for a while.  He has dance performances this weekend with Ballet West Academy so I'm sure I'll get him!
Whereas George is my most photographed child this month.  He loved going to the FIRST Robotics Competition a couple weekends ago.  Clark or no Clark, we are fans of Prototype X and we love being at the competitions.
And he is ever the builder and creator.  The older George gets the more I admire how his mind works.
Peter is... shall we say... not mellowing out.  He is intense and driven and demanding and powerful.  Abe and I regularly say to one another (under our breaths, of course), "Shades of Clark".  I know he'll make things happen in this world. 
I'm going to leave it there for now.
Greta had her first piano lesson lesson this week courtesy of George. 
Sad frog.
Happy frog.
Angry frog.
Delightful child.

No comments: