Monday, April 29, 2019

The Tulip Festival 2019

Because we like to see how far we can push ourselves to the brink of insanity, we chose spend an hour herding cats at the jam-packed Tulip Festival on a Saturday afternoon.  Hmm...  perhaps that a little harsh and I do not wish to sound ungrateful.  Let me rephrase that opener. 
We went to the Tulip Festival  on Saturday afternoon, along with the rest of the Wasatch Front population, and I spent most the time telling the boys to stop doing whatever they were doing while Peter yelled every syllable he uttered and dunked his head in every decorative fountain he could find. 
Better? 
You get the idea.  I love tulips.  Like, seriously love.  They make me so happy.  But the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point has become a struggle for me.  I need to find out when is the very least crowded time to go and go then.  My complaining annoys even myself, so I will stop.  Abe took some great pictures and I suppose tradition is valuable in and of itself.  So we'll keep going and keep taking kids who do seem to enjoy it.
Said naughty boys.  Truthfully they really weren't that naughty (head dunking in fountains aside). They're pretty handsome little guys.  Soon enough our world will shift from Foxy Ladies ruling the roost to the rise of The Brothers Fox.
Thankfully, I'll still have Faith around for a few more years-- the older kids are growing up and moving on so fast.  She can probably single handedly keep the boys in line.
And little Greta will never leave me.
Abe was the motivation behind this family outing.  Abe is the motivation behind many of the traditions we have and I am very grateful for his devotion to me and the children.  Bethany has a Lyceum Philharmonic Orchestra concert (her VERY last one) at the Thanksgiving Point amphitheater this Saturday evening in the midst of the tulips.  And guess what?  We aren't going to bring any children with us, so I'll get my time to meander thru the flowers in peace after all. 
Do you see my darlings in the background actually trying to steal people's money and wishes from the fountain?  Grrr. 
Cannon, those are some very large shoes to fill.  You got this!
Anyone can roll down a grassy hill... George tried somersaulting down the hill.  It did not look comfortable.
All in all, it was a good outing and I'm glad we went.  I apologize for my whining.  Do you like how patriotic and color coordinated the kids are?  Yes, well, I didn't plan that in anyway.  Just a happy little happenstance.  

No comments: