Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Scarlet Pimpernel 2019

The Scarlet Pimpernel ran the last weekend in March and as was to be expected, it was magnificent and beautiful and FUN!  Abe and Bethany were the only Foxes in this show.  This is my favorite picture of Bethany and friends taken backstage.  How gorgeous a pic!  THE COSTUMES!!!!!
Bethany was so happy to have her first "lead" role.  Okay, well, it wasn't a big lead-- she was "Marie", which is the only other female speaking role other than the big lead, "Marguerite".  Nevertheless, she did so well and she loved it and if I may say, she was gorgeous on the stage!  
Ooh... Blue Steel!  
Abe purposefully kept his part in this play as small as possible.  He was ensemble, in the most ensemble sense of the word:)  You had to really look for his to see him in the back.  I don't say that unkindly, he knew he wasn't going to be very available for rehearsals and such.  Even still, he enjoyed interacting with our theater family.
Marguerite, Chauvelin, Marie, and Mr. Ensemble.
The Prince and Mr. Ensemble.  He was hysterical!
Pretty fancy threads for Mr. Ensemble.
I went to see three of the four shows and I couldn't get enough.  It is such a funny show and I love the music.  It was nice to sit with my sister and parents for the Friday night show.
Next up is the summer play for teens and young adults-- Newsies!  

No comments: