Tuesday, April 30, 2019

It's My Daughter and I'll Blog If I Want To

Alright, friends.  If you are reading this I assume you purposefully looked up my blog.  So you will please forgive me for what I'm about to do.  The last post I just did had about a million pictures of Bethany winning the Miss Riverton Scholarship Competition.  If you can believe it, I'm not done yet.  You see, we are still completely reeling from the whole experience-- blogging and sharing is part of how I process life.  So don't mind me over here bragging and being obnoxious.  I'm just processing.
Since we had rented her evening wear dress and it had to be returned on Monday (today),  I had her get dressed up again on Sunday after church and she and I went over to the Riverton City Park to take some pictures.  Considering my photography skills (absolutely none whatsoever), I think they turned out pretty well. 
Note to self:  Acquire some photography skills.









Alright, alright.  Enough already. 
Here are my absolute favorites.
This is what it's really all about-- being your best self and being a good example to the people in the world who love you.

Greta is like Bethany was as a child in SO many ways.  Raise Bethany over again?  Yes, please!
Before I finish up the evening I want to give a shout out to Bethany nearly life-long friend, Jacob.  I seriously love him like he is my own child.  He has a been a kind a devoted friend to Bethany and when we got her dress on Thursday night and realized it was just a little too long and needed to be tacked up, Jacob jumped right in and said, "I know how to sew!  I'll do it for you".  And HE DID IT and he did it well.  Because one thing I'm actually worse at than photography?  Yep... sewing. 
Note to self:  Acquire some sewing skills.  You know what?  No.  Not going to happen.  Acquire friends who have skills you lack.
Love that guy.

No comments: