Sunday, December 27, 2020

Cannon and George Parent Observation Day December 2020

 There is always so much I want to post about in December because there are so many wonderful activities going on.  And I am not complaining about the full schedule because we chose it all and we value it all-- or else we wouldn't do it.  But I will also so say how much I enjoy the calm of January:) It's coming, but we aren't there quite yet.  This next event is challenging to post about because there are SO MANY pictures!  How to choose which ones to post?  Here goes.

Twice a year the boys' ballet studio hosts parent observation nights, in which the parents are invited to come and watch the whole class.  I suppose if I had a ballet background myself I might appreciate and enjoy it even more, but maybe not. 

 It's hard to imagine I could enjoy this any more than I do.  It is fascinating and I am amazed by how inspiring Jennie Creer-King is and how hard these kids are working and striving to improve.  

Click here to see a compilation video of Cannon's observation nights. 

Click here to see George's videos.





About half of Cannon's class is missing from this picture.  I don't know if it was scheduling or COVID.  



It is thrilling to see their progression.  It reminds me again of the truth of consistently doing small and simple things over and over again.  There are no steps that the boys do in their classes that are outrageously difficult.   Rather, it is progressively, ever-so-slightly more complicated/challenging steps building on each other. They learn a step very slowly, movement by movement,  and then they attempt it faster-- and it usually looks terrible at first.  But if every day they show up and try to do each step the best they can, a miracle happens.  Miraculously, they can do something quite well that they could not do before.  

No comments: