Friday, August 27, 2021

All the Little (and Not So Little) Chickadees

For about two weeks I had all my little chickadees back in the nest.  It was so........


...crowded.  Did you think I was going to say heavenly?  You know I love my kids, and we've all lived in this house before, but only for about a year a half when Greta was a baby.  And a lot of the kids were a lot smaller back then.  We were rather bursting at the seams, combined with a lot of anxious energy of three young adults chomping at the bit to get back to (or begin) living on their own.  So, yeah, I wouldn't say it was exactly heavenly.  But all in all, it was pretty good and it was more than pretty good when the college kids headed on their way.  More on that later.  

Abe and I enjoyed this dinner out with our two oldest.  I think Elinor was working.  

We loved the Bluffdale parade-- where the company was fabulous and the candy was plentiful!
Elinor rocking it on the Riverton City float.  She's only got one parade left later in September.
Camille and I working our free spatulas handed out to the crowds.  
Spatulas... what they won't think of next.

 
These three-- they were baptized together.  They celebrated their 16th birthdays together.  And now Enoch is off o a mission and Savannah and Elinor are off to college.  Love them.

Greta with her first violin teacher-- Asia Glenn.  She is off to BYU next week, so Asia's younger sister will take over teaching Greta.  She's been very patient with Greta's chattiness during lessons.

No comments: