Sunday, August 1, 2021

Lake Coeur d'Alene 2021

This picture of Elinor about sums up how we felt about our boating day on Lake Coeur d'Alene.  It was absolute heaven.  

Hey!  We're getting pretty good at this family selfie thing!  
Elinor and Peter
Abe was our skipper and a very good skipper he was.
Faith and Greta
George and I after a rough ride:)
Els and me.  We weren't too daring, but we had so much fun.

I don't have much to say about these pictures-- the temperature, the wind, the lake, the family.  It was perfection.  Up to this point we'd been to the Moyie, Silverwood, and Roller Valley.  All activities that we thoroughly enjoyed, and yet, everyone agreed that this day topped them all.  
Several times I just stretched out on the comfy seats and closed my eyes and just soaked it all in.  I was bottling up the feeling for some next February when I'll need it.   I am going to lie on my couch in February and find this day and those moments in my mind when I was on the boat at Lake Coeur d'Alene.  

George managing the rope on the tube.

There was a funny moment when we were zipping along the water and our Skipper's hat flew off.  MAY DAY! MAY DAY!  We went back to find it and Cannon jumped off to save the Riverton City hat.  
Our captain piloted us over to this big rock he named "Fox Rock".   Faith was the first one up.
Then they all climbed up and jumped off.
I like this picture of Peter jumping off because it looks like Abe pushed him-- which he didn't push him, but it's funny.
Then Clark went up
And then-- can you believe it?--- I went up Fox Rock!!! 
AND THEN I JUMPED OFF FOX ROCK!!!! I don't know what came over me, but it was fun:)
Faith with Peter and Greta.
Clark and Cannon were pretty funny and I think Abe delighted in giving them a particularly rough ride.

It was all just so lovely and fun and relaxing and exhilarating.  I can totally understand why people want boats for family fun.  Mind you, I don't plan to get a boat, but I definitely hope to return next year.  

No comments: