Friday, August 14, 2020

Alexa's Bridal Shower

 THIS IS HAPPENING!!! Tuesday is the big day for Clark and Alexa and we are so happy for them.  Last Saturday morning we hosted a bridal shower for Alexa.  I was so happy with how everything turned out.  

Our wonderful womenfolk came out en masse to show their support, and it was just so nice to be together!  I adore my aunts and have been so grateful for their very wise counsel and advice over the years.  They are the kindest, most beautiful women I know.

And the best part?  I have these (plus more not pictured) sister-in-laws that are so happy to be a part of the big events in our lives and they will be those supportive, wise aunts to my girls (Alexa included!)  Wedding showers and baby showers are a very small portion about the gifts we shower on the lucky lady-- and mostly about showering them with love and support during these milestone events.  

I feel over-the-moon grateful for these women.

These cousins L.O.V.E one another!  It is such a treat for them to be together.  Seriously, this is the best stuff in life.

In our family, showers are always for the moms and the daughters.  One generation showing the next one how it's done.

My Clark side of the family-- Cousin Christy, Aunt Diane and 1st cousin once removed, Lauren.  One of the things I love most about Aunt Diane is how much she loved and appreciated my mom.  So having her there is the closest thing to having my mom there.

Well, and of course my sister,  Brigitta!  I feel quite certain my mom got at least a glimpse of this gathering and she was very pleased.

Beautiful Alexa and her aunt/mom and grandma and niece.  

My sister-in-law Laura.  She's taking Alexa and Bethany and Elinor out for pedicures as a little bachelorette party tomorrow.  Everyone needs and Aunt Laura!

We put Alexa on the spot and had her tell the story of "Clark and Alexa".  She was such a good sport and it was quite entertaining.  It wasn't all smooth sailing but we love the destination!

Aunt Katie's Mr. and Mrs. Fox mugs were a big hit.  

Kaylee and Takara-- Clark's cousins.

We are soon to have a new addition to the Foxy Ladies Club!!!!

Marjorie and her girls brought very creative gifts:)



I love those women-- like Camille-- who are second moms to my children.  This parenting gig is way too hard to do it alone!  

I guess we didn't do a very good job of social distancing, but it just felt so good to do something so normal! Shout out to Abe who did so much to help get everything set up to do the shower in the backyard.  

Just 'cause they're so cute!

The whole shebang was satisfying and fun and filled me all up!  I love my womenfolk!

No comments: