Sunday, August 23, 2020

Long Lake Backpacking Trip 2020

 Abe took Team Middle Kids plus Pete on an overnight backpacking trip to Long Lake in the high Uintas.  It did make me a little nervous to have them so far off adventuring--- for their sake, not mine.  I was perfectly happy to have a couple days to hang with little Greta.  Bethany and Elinor were around as well, but they were off working or playing on their own.

This trail is one Abe has done with Clark and friends a few times and it's a favorite.

I won't have much commentary on these pictures since I wasn't there, but they had such a great time and came home gushing about how fantastic it was.  



Abe cliff jumping.  What was that about me being nervous?
Cannon went for it.
I hear the water was quite cold, but Cannon enjoyed testing out his newly acquired swim strokes in the great outdoors.
Such a cool picture of Faith jumping.  No flailing arms for this girl.
The great outdoors sets the stage for great life lessons and awesome memories.

I do appreciate what a good picture taker Abe is.







Is it overkill on the pictures?  Maybe, but they are all so lovely and they make me happy.
George got up early and was Abe's breakfast assistant.  



I love the color of the lake.
This is my favorite picture of them packing out.  Such satisfaction and accomplishment on their faces.  

No comments: