Thursday, July 5, 2018

3rd and 4th of July Parades

It's parade time!  Our city has their parade on the evening of the 3rd of July.  The weather this year was ideal!  We had lots of shade and it wasn't too hot.  We had a great group of family, friends and in-laws on both sides.
Abe's sister's family joined us.
A meetings of the two Brighams-- my sister's son and Abe's sister's son.
My boys of summer.
It's almost too good to be true!
We loved having Grandpa (my dad) join us for the first time.
I like this one of my dad saluting the flag.

And as if one 4th of July parade wasn't enough.  The next morning we got up and went to the Millcreek parade.  Of course, that's not really our stomping ground.  But our good friend Dave and his 4 siblings were riding their unicycles in this remarkably charming, quintessential American, super community based parade.
Have you ever seen anything cooler than that?  I don't think I have. 
We met up with James, Andrea, and Raven and had a delightful morning.
Abe and Zach (Dave's son) walked the parade route along with the cyclists and helped those who were a little less proficient get started by being a shoulder to lean on.  As you can imagine, Abe loved every minute of it.  
Abe jumped at the chance to volunteer to be their "Uni-helper". 
We enjoyed a simple impromptu picnic in a park after the parade.  

No comments: