Friday, July 13, 2018

It's My Party...

Gabrielle and Camille.  The Cain Sisters. 
Take note:  They are two of the most awesome ladies I know, but you probably don't want to get on either of their bad sides.  Which made them the perfect team captains for my birthday kick ball party!
Team Gabrielle.  We were really, really good.
Team Camille.  As it turns out, they were a little bit better.
 We picked team old school playground style.  Yes, it's harsh, but these "mature adults" handled the pressure with grace and just a bit of heckling.
And it was fun.  Very fun.  More fun than anyone deserves to have-- even if it is that one's birthday.  There were a couple of injuries, as we predicted there might be when a bunch of 30, 40 and 50 year olds get together to play a game we haven't really played since 6th grade.  But no one left in an ambulance or even on crutches, so that's pretty good.  But there was ensuing soreness.
... and I don't want to brag or anything... but I did get on base my first up.  I liked trash talking Jakob at first base.
And probably the best moment of the night was when Abe kicked a home run...
And in typical Abe style-- he documented the moment with a selfie!  Ha ha ha!
That so many people I love would come out to play and have fun with me to celebrate my birthday meant the world to me.  
I even had a hostess cup cake with a candle to blow out. 
Many thanks to Abe for putting the evening together and making my birthday so much fun.

No comments: