Monday, July 2, 2018

Rose Canyon Hike-June 30, 2018

Saturday morning was HIKING TIME!!!  Bethany wasn't with us because she had play rehearsal and Elinor stayed home because she wasn't feeling well.  So once again it was just the middles and the littles.
We went to Clark's favorite stomping grounds where the lizard hunting is good!  The boys frequently stopped to try to catch a lizard they spotted.  More often than not they were successful.
A real man hunts lizards while wearing a baby backpack. 
And speaking of backpacks... thanks to KSL Classifieds, we are the proud new owners of this fancy new hiking backpack.  And it was AMAZING!!! I could carry her so much further than I could with our old, super cheap-o frame backpack we've had since Clark was a baby.  Even Abe, who doesn't usually care for anything new or different from what we already have, agreed it was a marked improvement.  Backpack for the WIN!
Greta was a very happy little hiker. 
She fell asleep for a good portion of the hike.
Peter is a very loud hiker-- in that he loudly shares every single thought or emotion he has.  That's the nice way of saying that he complains loudly a lot.  Like when he gets tired he yells, "Me so tired!  Me can't go anymore!"  But he also loudly celebrates his happy moments.  Like when he gets to the top of the mountain, "Me got to the top!!!  Me did it!"
 Selfie on top of the world!  It was quite cold and windy on the top.
Faith is our trail blazer.  She takes the lead and sets the pace... that is, until we tell her to slow up and wait for the rest of us:)
Hello, little lizard!
You want to talk about people and pictures I love...
George seems to share Clark's gift of lizard spotting and catching.
I don't ever remember enjoying a summer more than this one.  I'll thank the great outdoors for that (and a very supportive husband who agrees to my crazy ideas).
I love this picture because here are these three little boys (and their dad) following the same trail that Clark hiked and loved so much.  This was the hike he took me on back in September that he gave me a picture of for Christmas that I cried my eyes out over.  
I am so thankful for Clark and the path he is walking by serving a mission and the example he is to his younger brothers (and sisters).
I would be quite happy to have them follow his lead.  
... oh, and Peter doesn't like the sun in his eyes:)

No comments: