Friday, July 27, 2018

Reunion Sunday

We got up and got ready for church and then we rediscovered Grandma's old VHS copy of Chipmunks Big Adventure which is... let's just say, I can't believe I don't own my own copy.  I adored this movie as a kid and several of my children were more excited than was quite reasonable to watch it again. 
Ahh... the beloved pinball machine. 
A little pre-church golf cart ride.  The helmet Cannon is wearing is probably the safest thing that happened with the golf cart all week.
Hello, gorgeous young ladies!  Church with Jesse and Amy's family was great.  The kids all enjoyed their classes and we enjoyed the lessons.
Sunday evening we drove to Rathdrum, Idaho to spend the evening with Abe's oldest childhood friend and his family.  Justin and Abe are great friends and to listen to them for more than 10 minutes it is clear why they have remained so for forty years!  Fortunately for me, I admire and respect and enjoy and adore Justin's wife, Emily.  We have a lot in common with the gospel, homeschooling, dancing boys, ages and numbers of children.  I always feel so understood after a visit with Emily!
Maybe Cannon has found a ballet partner!
Mostly we had a great time visiting and sharing talents and telling stories and jokes.  It was a time for interacting (without screens!) and laughing and catching up and it was marvelous.
We don't see them nearly as much as we would like, but it's always good when we do.
Justin and Abe.

No comments: