Sunday, July 28, 2019

Days of '47 2019

With Abe and Elinor and Faith gone on Trek (and Cannon at ballet workshop) I was super grateful that my dad met up with us for the Days of '47 parade downtown.  This is the biggest parade and I really wanted to go see Bethany ride in it, but I was daunted by the thought of going alone with all the littles.  My dad got there early and staked out places for us.
We love to scream out heads of for our girls.  Maybe we embarrass them, but really, that can't be helped:)
This fabulous pic was snapped by Andrea just outside her apartment downtown. So quintessentially downtown Salt lake City.
This picture was in the Deseret News story online.
After the parade we all went out to Crown Burgers for lunch and it was so, so enjoyable-- and tasty!  I've heard of this place for years but this was my first visit.  I will be back!
I particularly enjoy watching the relationship develop between Grandpa Pete and Lil' Pete.  Our little Peter adores his grandpa and Grandpa appreciates (hopefully) the enthusiasm and force of will and persistence that is Peter.  I think they even look quite a bit alike.
Do you like Peter's crown in the picture?  Prince Peter.

No comments: