Saturday, August 11, 2018

Silverwood Day

Silverwood Day is among my favorite activities during the family reunion.  This day was particularly enjoyable because Abe and I got to spend the whole day with our littler people.  Our big kids were off adventuring with cousins (including Cannon most of the time) and we just enjoyed watching our littles enjoying the rides and even going on some rides with them.
You wouldn't believe how brave little Greta was.  She just barely made the height limit for several rides and she had no fear!  It was so much fun to watch her.
That's a pretty big swing for someone so little!
These four left us as soon as we entered the park.
The log flume was a favorite and Peter insisted it was a repeat ride.
What can I say?  I like amusement parks.
Look Ma!  No hands!
By far the most hysterical moment of the day (although it probably shouldn't have been funny) was when Peter was on the ride near the end of the day.  Some kid was sitting in "his" plane behind him and the kid either didn't understand how to work the lever controller, or heaven forbid, he had different ideas on how he wanted to fly the plane than did Peter.
Peter just yelled at the poor kid throughout the whole flight.  Near the end it came to blows.  I was dying.  As soon as the ride was over I ran into the enclosure, grabbed Peter out of the plane and hightailed it out of there.  I should have stayed and apologized to the poor boy's mother.  But I ran.   I didn't want to take that bullet.
Fox cousins at Boulder Beach (the water park within Silverwood).
It was fun to meet up with cousin groups throughout the day-- here are the Daniel and Lori and Abe and Betsy teens.
The tweens-- Eliza, Ellori, Kristen, Faith, Samuel, John. 
Russell and Melissa and Daniel and Lori-- may I just say, this would have been a fun grouping!
I adore my nephew Adam!
My very favorite people-- when we all met back together at the end of the day.

No comments: