Sunday, August 26, 2018

Water Polo is Back

Elinor had her first water polo game of the fall season yesterday.  SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH! 
The cheering squad for the game-- which they won! 
Elinor swims high school swim team for Riverton, but during the rest of the year she is on a Herriman Aquatics swim team and water polo team.  So, she is looking forward to high school swim with Riverton, but right now, she's feeling pretty attached to her Herriman swim friends-- who will swim for Herriman High School.  She's not sure where her loyalties lie.  But then I remind her that she is a homeschooler and thus has no real allegiance to any school!  Ahh, freedom.
I was recently tutored by master yard sale shoppers.  I've never been a yard sale shopper and I admit, it never really appealed to me-- time wise or content wise.  But let me tell you.  THIS WAS FUN! We did find lots of good stuff,  and that made it worthwhile.  But that was nothing compared to the fun times with these gals learning "the art" of garage sale shopping.  Who knew there were such tricks of the trade! 
Abe and I sneaked away for a quick date hike.  Now that school and schedules are back in full swing, our hiking time is seriously curtailed.  I'm very happy to be back on schedule, but I will miss the hiking time. 
Abe's work had a fun party last weekend.  The kids couldn't get over the all-you-could-eat free shave ice.  They're pretty easy to impress!
And bouncy slides to their hearts content.
Faith celebrating her victory over Cannon in the inflatable race course.  Such a gracious winner!

No comments: