Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Elements Combined

As much as I've enjoyed hiking in the great outdoors this summer, I am still not a fan of camping.  I am not afraid of the discomfort for myself, but the idea of chasing a toddler and a wandering preschooler and keeping them safe, is just more than I can stomach.  So I encouraged Abe to take Team Middle Kids and Peter on a not too adventurous campout this past Friday evening.
It started out so well.  Treats and sodas.  They got the tent all set up.  Smiles all around.
A crackling fire that Faith started all by herself.
A visit to the nasty, scummy Jordan river.
It started to get dark...
...and then the elements-- earth, wind, fire, and water-- combined to doom the overnight camping trip.  Here Cannon is attempting to hold the tent from blowing away.  Abe's jacket and a camp chair got blown into the fire and went up in smoke.  Oh my.
SEE!!! This is why I don't want to go camping!
Abe and the kids came home and they watched another Harry Potter movie.  

No comments: