Saturday, July 23, 2022

Business in the Front, Party in the Back

In preparation for Abe's and my upcoming 25th-anniversary trip, I decided to get my COVID booster shot  Fortunately, I've got people for that:)  When I got to Walmart, to have Elinor administer my shot, Brandon showed up at the same time.  On a whim, he decided to get his shot as well.  So Elinor gave us both shots and now Brandon and I are bonded:)  The family that gets COVID shots together...

Father and Son naps on a Sunday afternoon.
Abe, Faith, and Cannon went to see the new Thor Love and Thunder.  As I have mentioned before-- and please don't hate me-- I do not care much for superhero movies.  I'm happy to have them go enjoy it together and leave me home in peace.  I'm a lot of fun that way.
Please don't hate me for the superhero movie thing.  But I don't blame you at ALL for hating me for the mullet thing.  
Mullets?  Seriously?  Gross!  Have we forgotten Billy Ray Cyrus?  Business in the front, party in the back?  I myself, am horrified.  But around these parts, mullets are all the rage.  How has it come to this?
George started it a couple months ago.  His good friend has an epic mullet (according to all the kids in the neighborhood).  George had been asking for months and I finally relented, on the off chance that I make a haircut (of all stupid things) into a thing that doesn't need to become a thing and then the boy resents us and goes off the deep end all because I wouldn't let him get the kind of haircut he wanted when he was eleven years old!

Then of course Peter started begging for a mullet.  Okay, fine.  
Cannon still held strong.  No mullet.  
And then I did something.  ME!!!!!!  I brought this on myself.   I have no one else to blame.  I actually uttered the words, "Cannon, do you want me to give you a mullet?  We could just cut the front and if you don't like it, then we can cut the back."  I actually suggested this.  I encouraged it.  See, the thing is, Faith told us Cannon had perfect curly hair for a mullet.
Cannon still held strong said no.  

And then, in a moment of pressure to follow the crowd, he relented and agreed.  And now he LOVES it.  So here we are.  
It was a treat to watch and listen to a Facebook Live of  Bethany and her companion, the talented and lovely Sister Tibbitts,  share a concert of songs about the Savior.  They make my heart happy.  
A couple months ago the boys caught this yellow-bellied racer on the Ensign Peak trail.  Before leaving on our trip to Spokane, Peter decided he was a great snake, but a terrible pet.  It wouldn't let Peter hold it, it wouldn't eat, and Peter couldn't put it down on the grass to watch it because it would slither away too fast.  So Peter wisely let it go near the canal.  Farewell, Kevin Jr.  And three cheers for Peter growing up and maturing:)
Last week I was teaching the Gospel Doctrine class while Peter gave a talk in Primary, so Abe snapped this picture for me.  And he may or may not have videoed it as well.  It's not really how it's done, but I guess that's how we did it.

No comments: