Monday, July 4, 2022

Parade Training With Faith

 

Friday evening, July 1st was the Riverton City Parade.  This is a highly anticipated event every year.  In the end, Faith was able to have someone take her shift at work and join us, but during the day, she feared she was going to miss the parade.  So she took some time with Greta to share her secrets and rules of collecting candy at the parade. Here they are going over the rules.  My personal favorite rule was"The road is softer than it looks".  In other words, sacrifice your body for the candy when necessary.

Here they are practicing how this is to be done.  Greta was instructed to jump up and down and wave arms while smiling and maintaining eye contact.
Click here to watch a video of the full training.  This is valuable information.  My good friend and her kids came and watched the parade with us.  At the start of the parade she told me that she had told her kids, "We are sitting with the Foxes at the parade.  The Fox kids are fast and they are aggressive.  YOU need to be too!"
Ha ha ha ha!  I'm flattered on my children's behalf.  I mean, I don't want to brag or anything, but after many years of consistently attending the Riverton parade, and then two years of going to many, oh so many parades, to support Bethany and Elinor as Miss Riverton, we have picked up a trick or two:)  George's parade collecting skills are particularly noteworthy.  He scored a sweatshirt and four t-shirts, in addition to the usual haul of candy, sunglasses, frisbees and foam footballs.  What can I say?  He has a gift.







No comments: